Palermo – Monreale – (Cefalù optional) – Agrigento – Ragusa – Modica – Syracuse – Etna (lunch at a local farmhouse) – Taormina
DAY 1, Saturday: Palermo
Arrival at Palermo International Airport. Meet your local tour manager, private transfer to the hotel.
DAY 2, Sunday: Palermo – Monreale – (Cefalù optional) – Palermo
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, departure for Monreale and visit of the Cathedral and its Cloister. Following, you will return to the city of Palermo to visit its main monuments such as the Palatine Chapel and the Cathedral. Furthermore, we will take a sightseeing tour of the city. Marsala wine tasting in a wine bar in Palermo. Independent lunch. Free time in the afternoon at leisure or you can take an optional excursion to Cefalù, to visit the Cathedral as well as the Lavatoio Medievale (the old wash house). Walk through the streets of the city and return to Palermo. Accommodation at your hotel in Palermo.
DAY 3, Monday: Palermo – Agrigento – Ragusa
Breakfast at the hotel and departure to Agrigento: “The most beautiful city of mortals” where, today, you can still admire ten Doric temples that are erected in the Valley. Independent visit of the famous and unique “Valley of the Temples”. Lunch at a local restaurant in the area and departure for Ragusa in the afternoon.
Accommodation at your hotel in Ragusa.
DAY 4, Tuesday: Ragusa – Modica – Syracuse
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, visit of Ragusa Ibla, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Continue to Modica. We will visit some of the most emblematic Baroque monuments and we will be able to taste the famous Modican Chocolate that is made in this city following the method brought from Central America during the Spanish domination. Continue to Syracuse. Accommodation at your hotel in Syracuse.
DAY 5, Wednesday: Syracuse
Breakfast at the hotel and in the morning visit Syracuse: the largest city of antiquity founded in 734-733 B.C. and called Syraka. Extended along the sea, next to the island of Ortigia, Syracuse is connected to the mainland by a bridge, and it offers visitors the ruins of its glorious past: the Temple of Minerva, transformed into a Christian Cathedral, the legendary Fontana di Arethusa, the Temple of Apollo, the Teatro Greco and the Roman Amphitheater located near the Latomie, the Orecchio di Dionisio. Independent lunch. Free time in the afternoon in Syracuse to enjoy this wonderful city. For those clients who prefer to rest or enjoy the hotel facilities, transfer to the hotel. Dinner tonight will be at a local restaurant in the city. Accommodation at the hotel.
DAY 6, Thursday: Syracuse – Etna (lunch at a local farmhouse) – Taormina
Breakfast at the hotel and METEOROLOGICAL CONDITIONS PERMITTING, departure for the Mount Etna: the highest, and still active, volcano in Europe (3,345 meters): the bus will reach the Sapienza Refuge at 1,800 meters of altitude. Visit of the muted craters, the so-called “Crateri Silvestri”. The variety of flora is splendid, and the lunar landscapes that can be seen along the way are also wonderful. For centuries, the volcano has created a place where nature, culture and history have come together to create a place that is unique in the world. Weather conditions permitting, climb up to 2,900 meters with jeeps and/or funicular, assisted by Alpine guides. We will have lunch at a local farmhouse at the foot of the volcano, where, combined with typical and genuine dishes, we can taste Etna’s wines of direct production from the farmhouse. Continue to Taormina: located at the summit of the picturesque Mount Tauro, at an altitude of 204 meters. Visit of the Greek Theater with a local guide. Free time for shopping and discover the romantic alleys of the city or to admire the magnificent panorama of both Etna volcano and the Ionian Sea. Accommodation at your hotel in Taormina area.
DAY 7, Friday: Taormina (Catania optional)
Breakfast at the hotel and FREE DAY at leisure to enjoy the city or the beach. You can also take an optional excursion to Catania (to be paid on site. Excursions are made only with a minimum of participants). Catania, the second city in Sicily, is characterized by its lava stone buildings. In the evening, farewell dinner at a local restaurant in Taormina. Accommodation in hotel.
DAY 8, Saturday: Taormina – Catania
Breakfast at the hotel. At the schedules time, transfer to Catania international airport. End of our services.
SATURDAY-SATURDAY / PALERMO-TAORMINA – 8 DAYS/7 NIGHTS
MINIMUM 4 GUESTS – MAXIMUM 16 GUESTS
2022 MARCH…………………. 26
The rates include:
– 2 nights in BB at a 4-star hotel in Palermo occupying standard rooms
– 1 welcome cocktail at the arrival at the hotel in Palermo
– 1 night in BB in a 5-star hotel in Ragusa occupying standard rooms
– 2 nights in BB at a 5-star hotel in Syracuse occupying standard rooms
– 2 nights in BB at a 4-star hotel in Taormina area occupying standard rooms
– 1 lunch at a local restaurant in Agrigento (3 course menu: ¼ wine + ½ mineral water are included)
– 1 dinner at a local restaurant in Syracuse (3 course menu: ¼ wine + ½ mineral water are included)
– 1 lunch at a local farmhouse/winery in Etna area (3 course menu: ¼ wine + ½ mineral water are included)
– 1 Marsala wine tasting at a wine bar in Palermo
– 1 wine tasting in Etna area (3 different wines from a local Etna winery)
– 1 farewell dinner at a local restaurant in Taormina (3 course menu: ¼ wine + ½ mineral water are included)
– Excursion to the Etna’s peak by jeeps and/or funicular (regular excursion – join in group, NO PRIVATE) from 1,800 to 2,900 meters with Alpine guides
– entrance fees to the monuments (Palermo: Palatine Chapel, Cathedral / Monreale: Cloister, Cathedral / Agrigento: Valley of the Temples, Syracuse: Neapolis archeological site, Taormina: Greek Theater).
– Headphones (MANDATORY) for the visit of the Cathedral in Palermo, Monreale y Syracuse (the data refers to the price valid on 01.04.20. In case the price rises we would have to adapt the price of the tour automatically)
– CITY TAXES (The data refers to the price valid on 01.04.20. In case the price rises we would have to adapt the price of the tour automatically)
– Transfers IN/OUT
– Transportation by luxury minivan (8 seat minivan: from 2 to 6 people / 16 seat minivan: from 7 to 16 people) at disposal as per the above-mentioned itinerary.
– English speaking tour manager during the whole tour. STARTING FROM 7 PARTICIPANTS. With less than 7 participants, the tour will lead by an English-speaking driver/guide
– Starting from 7 participants: English speaking local guide in Palermo (Half Day – max 4 hours), Agrigento (Valley of the Temples tour), Ragusa-Modica (Full Day – max 07 hours),
Syracuse (Half Day – max 04 hours), Taormina (Half Day – max 02 hours).
– Italian Value Added Tax (VAT)
The rates do NOT include:
– Porterage at the airports.
– Other entrances fees that are not noted in the above-mentioned monuments
– Tips and other personal extras.
– Any other concept that is not mentioned in “The rates include”
RATES PER PERSON
€ 2.287,00 per person in double occupancy
€2.770,00 single room
€ 2.076,00 third person (adult)
HOTELS OR SIMILAR
Palermo: Hotel Palazzo Sitano**** / Hotel Excelsior Mercure**** / Hotel Principe di Villafranca**** / Hotel Plaza Opera****
Ragusa: Hotel Antica Badia***** / Hotel De Stefano Palace ****
Syracuse: Grand Hotel Ortigia**** / Grand Hotel Minareto***** / Grand Hotel Alfeo **** / Caportigia Hotel *****
Taormina Area: Hotel Monte Tauro**** / Hotel Miramare**** / Hotel Excelsior**** / Hotel Villa Diodoro****
AS A GENERAL RULE THE SCHEDULED HOTEL FOR EACH DEPARTURE WILL BE ONE OF THE ABOVE LISTED. THE FINAL LIST OF THE HOTELS WILL BE SENT 15 DAYS PRIOR EACH DEPARTURE
Total Page Visits: 113 - Today Page Visits: 1